As summer time approaches, the task for any parent is thinking of creative lunch ideas for kids. Whether you are headed to a soccer game or packing a picnic, these lunches will provide children with a well balanced meal.
- Club sandwich Kabobs: Alternating ingredients, thread bread, ham, turkey, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and pickles onto skewers and serve
- Inside-Out Sandwich: Spread mustard on a slice of deli turkey, wrap around a sesame breadstick
- Stuff a whole-grain pita pocket with ricotta cheese and Granny Smith apple slices, then add a dash of cinnamon
- Microwave a small baked potato and top with reduced-fat cheddar cheese and salsa
- Mini Pizza: Toast an English muffin, drizzle with pizza sauce and sprinkle with low-fat mozzarella cheese