This pasta dish is full of bright and unexpected flavors.
Serves 4 to 6.
- 1 pound bow tie pasta, preferably whole wheat or spelt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/3 cup garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add avocado, green onion, feta, tomato, and cilantro. Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil and drizzle over the warm pasta. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or cold.
Per Serving: Serving size: 161g-wt., 460 calories (160 from fat), 18g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 61g carbohydrates, (4 g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 14g protein.