- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 large or 2 small apples, cored and thinly sliced
- Canola spray oil
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over one half of each tortilla.
- Arrange apple slices, barely overlapping, on top of each pile of cheese then sprinkle 2 more tablespoons cheese over apples on each tortilla and fold each in half.
- Generously spray a large skillet with oil spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Arrange half of the quesadillas in the skillet without overlapping and cook, gently flipping once, until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plates and repeat with remaining quesadillas.
Per Serving (Serves 6): 280 calories (110 from fat), 12g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 350mgsodium, 29g carbohydrates, (3 g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 11g protein.