- 1 navel orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 salmon fillet, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- 4 cups washed baby salad greens
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Zest orange and lemon into a shallow dish.
- Slice orange and lemon in half and squeeze out all juice. Remove any seeds. Add juice to zest.
- Place salmon fillet in marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine shallots, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Blend for just a few seconds.
- Add olives and bell peppers. Pulse until finely diced.
- Heat the grill to medium-hot.
- Grill salmon for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Turning is not necessary. Salmon is done when it turns a light pink color throughout.
- In a large serving bowl, toss salad greens with cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Top with dressing.
- Slice salmon fillet into small strips and lay on top of salad.
Per Serving (Serves 4): 510 calories (310 from fat), 34 g total fat, 5 g saturated fat, 95 mg cholesterol, 770 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrates, (3 g dietary fiber, 7 g sugar), 36 g protein.