- 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried fruit such as dried cranberries, raisins and/or chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup oat flour*
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with a long sheet of parchment paper, allowing for 2-inch overhang on each side.
- Spread oats and coconut on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until just golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooled toasted oats and coconut, dried fruit, walnuts and oat flour.
- In a small bowl, stir together applesauce, honey and vanilla until evenly blended. Stir applesauce mixture into oat mixture until combined. Spread mixture in the prepared baking pan, pressing down to compact.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Store the bars in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
*Oat flour is available in the bulk department, or you can make a quick batch by whirring quick cooking oats in a blender or food processor until powdery.
Per Serving (Makes 10 to 12 bars): Serving size: 1 bar, 220 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 31gcarbohydrates, (4 g dietary fiber, 18g sugar), 4g protein.