- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
- Stir together yogurt, onion, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and toss to coat with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove chicken from marinade, letting excess drip off.
- Place chicken pieces on baking sheet.
- Discard remaining marinade.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Alternately, to grill the chicken, prepare a grill for medium heat cooking.
- Grill chicken until it is cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes per side.
Per Serving (Serves 4): 240 calories (45 from fat), 5 g total fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 100 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrates, (1 g dietary fiber, 4 g sugar), 38 g protein.