This red leaf salad with plums and roasted green onion dressing is sure to be a hit at your next cookout! With hearty flavor and zesty ingredients, it will serve as the perfect side dish or meal to your next gathering (serves 6). This sugar conscious salad is filled with many health benefits too! From the high fiber contents of plums to the vitamins and minerals found in green onions, your body will be thankful!
- 6 green onions, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup silken tofu (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds, divided
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 plums, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 head radicchio, torn into pieces
- 1 head red leaf butter lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed and halved
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and halved
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Roast onions on a baking sheet until tender and golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes; let cool.
In a blender, purée onions, tofu, 2 tablespoons almonds, tamari, vinegar and 2 to 3 tablespoons water until very smooth. In a large bowl, toss plums, radicchio, lettuce, carrots, radishes, remaining almonds and dressing, and then serve.
Per Serving:80 calories (40 from fat), 4.6g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol,115mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 4g protein