- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari
- 1 teaspoon mustard, preferably German
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 1/2 cup cooked and drained no-salt-added chickpeas or cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- pack of whole wheat pita pockets
- Whisk together vinegar, tamari, mustard, tahini and 3 tablespoons water in a medium bowl.
- Add beans, green onions, carrots and parsley, toss to combine and set aside at room temperature to let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Stuff mixture into pita pockets and enjoy.
Per Serving (Serves 4): 150 calories (40 from fat), 4.5 g total fat, 220 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrates, (6 g dietary fiber, 3 g sugar), 8 g protein.