Men are less likely than women to visit the doctor for annual exams and preventative services. Help make prevention a priority with an annual checkup to stay on top of your health.
5 tips to improving your health:
- Get moving
- Get checked for colorectal cancer
- Know your blood pressure
- Cut back on sodium in your diet
- Don’t ignore the warning signs
Men’s health facts:
- The motor vehicle death rate for male drivers is two times that of a female. Always wear your seat belt and never drive under the influence of alcohol
- 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime. Regular checkups and annual exams can help catch this early
- 75% of men in the United States are obese. Make sure to cook with healthy fats and eat fiber rich foods such as nuts and whole grains.
Foods for male health:
Broccoli, Kale, Cabbage