- 1 (1-pound) turkey breast fillet
- 1 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Season turkey fillet on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium high heat.
- Add turkey and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for another 8 minutes, or until turkey is golden brown.
- Flip and continue cooking until turkey is just cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same skillet, then whisk in flour until a paste forms.
- Cook, continuing to whisk constantly, until light brown and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Carefully whisk in broth until smooth, scraping up all the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until gravy thickens, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the turkey and transfer it to the skillet with the gravy to warm through.
- Spread some of the cranberry sauce on each slice of bread, then top with turkey and a few spoonfuls of gravy.
- Transfer sandwiches to plates and serve immediately.
Per Serving (Serves 4) : 500 calories (140 from fat), 16g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 880mgsodium, 57g carbohydrates, (4 g dietary fiber, 27g sugar), 33g protein.