- 1 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine walnuts, oats and raisins in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger. Add carrots, apple, banana and apple juice and stir until combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough on the prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies about 1 inch apart. Press down on each cookie with the back of a fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake until tops and bottoms are lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, and then transfer them to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Per Serving: Serving size: 1 cookie, 80 calories (25 from fat), 3g total fat, 30mg sodium, 13gcarbohydrates, (2 g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 2g protein.