- 1 (15-ounce) can light coconut milk, divided
- 1/4 cup lime juice, divided
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons light brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup brown jasmine rice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup coconut milk, 2 tablespoons lime juice, ginger, tamari, 2 teaspoons sugar and hot sauce.
- Transfer 1/4 cup of the mixture to a small bowl and set aside. Add chicken to bowl with remaining marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Add peanut butter to 1/4 cup mixture in small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Place cucumber, carrot, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, remaining 1 teaspoon sugar, cilantro and salt in a medium bowl and toss until combined.
- Refrigerate peanut sauce, cucumber salad and remaining coconut milk until ready to serve.
- When ready to cook, place rice, remaining 1 cup coconut milk and 1 1/4 cups water in a medium saucepan and heat to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook 45 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- While rice cooks, thread chicken onto skewers and discard marinade. Preheat grill to medium heat. Cook chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with peanut sauce, cucumber salad and rice.
Per Serving (Serves 4): Dairy Free. 490 calories (180 from fat), 19 g total fat, 7 g saturated fat, 65 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrates, (4 g dietary fiber, 7 g sugar), 32 g protein.