Whether on the go or coming home from school, kids are looking for something to eat. What better way to keep kids going strong all day long than healthy snack ideas? With simple and easy ingredients, kids are ensured healthy, balanced nutrition in every bite. These snacks encourage children to love eating healthy and provide energy throughout the whole day. These five kid-friendly snacks are sure to please on a hot summers day or a busy weekend.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on hot popcorn
- Spread peanut butter on apple slices
- Sprinkle grated Monterey Jack cheese over a corn tortilla; fold in half and microwave for twenty seconds, top with salsa
- Fancy Ants on a Log: Spread almond butter on a celery stick, top with pumpkin seeds and halved grapes
- Fill a waffle cone with cut-up fruit and top with low-fat vanilla yogurt