- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen brown rice
- 2 cups thinly sliced chard or kale
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cranberries on the baking sheet and bake about 15 minutes or until cranberries begin to burst and soften. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large high-sided skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and carrots, and cook about 5 minutes or until beginning to brown and stick to the skillet.
- Stir in 1 cup vegetable broth and cook 10 minutes longer or until very tender.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a food processor or blender.
- Add pumpkin purée and 1/2 cup broth, and process until blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture back to the skillet with rice and remaining 2 1/2 cups broth, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in greens, cranberries, nutritional yeast and cloves, and cook 10 minutes longer or until rice, cranberries and greens are tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in sage and thyme. Serve garnished with pecans.
Per Serving: (Serves 6): 240 calories (60 from fat), 7g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 120mg sodium, 40gcarbohydrates, (8 g dietary fiber, 8g sugar), 5g protein.